Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Christmas Cards


I managed to get most of my Christmas cards posted and handed out phew!!!!I always like to make my cards a little more personal so although most of my cards are regular and even cheap they always seem special. This year I used two themes the first was"The White Stocking" and the other "A Love heart Christmas tree"


I printed the Poem "The White Stocking"


Twas the night before Christmas as I walked through the house

not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The presents had been wrapped and placed under the tree

I paused tired, excited and then giggling with glee.

The stockings were hanging and beautifully filled

no one had forgotten, though the credit card was billed.

As I looked at the scene with the stockings on the ledge,

I noticed one was empty, the one on the edge.

Where's the spirit of Christmas? What have I done!

It was the stocking intended for the child of Bethlehem

It was the stocking for Jesus that was hung up by them

Of all the people at Christmas that might be forgotten

How could I not remember the father's only begotten?

Only he had been left out of the festivities.

As we planned and prepared for our families.

As I pondered, I realized this just was not right

It was His birth that was being celebrated after this night

I resolved then and there to remember the Lord

and quickly made changes that were east to afford

I hing the white stocking in a special place in our home

and corrected the atmosphere to provide a more spiritual tone

On Christmas morning I gathered the family together

and each of us wrote an a special piece of paper

We gave Jesus a gift which we placed in the stocking

A sincere change of heart not there for the mocking.

The white stocking hung in our home as a symbol for us

of the true meaning of Christmas, the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ

so take your white stocking and hang it with pride

remember the saviour, put his gift inside.


I also put 4 small coloured pictures of the saviours life and cut the paper to fit the card I cut a Christmas stocking shape out of white cloth and sewed into little stockings and stuck it to the inside cover. On the other side of the poem you could write a personal message or as I did I wrote


I wonder, what does Christmas mean,

with its smart and shiny balls?

Is Christmas more than Christmas trees

and toys and games and dolls?

Of this I'm sure: There's something more.

For I've heard many say

that in a strange and far off land

A child was born this day.And Christmas is to celebrate

His coming from above.He showed us how we all should live

and told us how to love.


Christmas is a wonderful time to remember our saviour

and also show our gratitude for our friends and family.

With all our heart we thank you, we love you, we appreciate you.


the other idea I used was the Love heart Christmas tree I printed the poem on a piece of paper then cut out a small, medium and large heart in different Christmas paper then layered them upside down to make a Christmas tree at the side of the poem.


I made my tree with 3 special hearts

The first one reminds me of God's love for Me

He created me just the way he wanted me to be

The second one reminds me of when he sent his son.

His wonderful plan for my salvation had begun

The third heart reminds me of that eventful day

when Jesus gave his life so my sins can be taken away.


Inside all my cards I placed a pass along card

No comments:

Total Pageviews